25.2.11

Reach Weekend away...

Escaped from Blue Coat on Friday afternoon just in enough time to get changed, grab my stuff and meet up with our Laura Piekos to journey onwards to the Reach Weekend away.

I've been going to Reach / Vine Life Manchester for about 7ish months now I think. I needed to get away from conventional Church life, where I'd end up playing on doodle jump half way through the service. It's not like I wasn't interested, but.. I wasn't captivated either. I love both my old churches' but I don't know... I guess I needed a brake.

Even though I started going to Reach because I needed a brake from my old church and a fresh start with God, It was more of a challenge than anything, all the people were really nice, but not being a student, not living in central Manchester and starting in the summer before that academic year meant that people were preparing for the freshers and conversation struggled after "im still at college, yeah im gna do a gap year, dont know what I'm gna do though." I usually don't struggle with talking to people, but I really wanted them to like me, so I was really careful, and maybe that wasn't for the best.


Either way, the weekend just gone I went on the Reach weekend away at Cefn (f)Lea, It was good. It was what I needed, long over due but I think there was a reason for that. I've been going through something with God, I don't really think my blog is the best place to describe it.. but it was something I needed, there were definitely talks from out guest speaker Santino Hamberis that bits of me needed to hear, didn't necessarily want to here, but needed to all the same.

And, though nothing Spiritual has come of the weekend. It definitely gave me a lot to think about, and I've come away knowing more people, and knowing them better. That's probably the biggest thing for me, It's given me an opportunity to get to know people, not just meet new people but to actually get the know the people I already talk to better. That's something I'm really grateful for.

DO! Check out the Reach Podcasts and here are my favourite pictures from the weekend away:

Secret Car Party..


Steph, Piekos and Me looking down on Cefn (f)Lea

Holy Doors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment