13.1.11

Oh, what a busy week it has been.

I have never quite seen Oldham and Saddleworth bother so much with politics, and hopefully today will have seen a good voter turn out - though, much to the annoyance of my friends who will be spending their evenings and nights counting up the votes, especially after the vote in may which there were 3 recounts.

Yes, Oldham has been an almost exciting place, what with all the MP's hanging around, there was even a small event at Scouthead filling station... nothing ever happens there. They still have the same magazines up from 2009... and I'm very nearly its only customer. Sadly, because I quit smoking, there was no need for me to take a trip to the garage and didn't find out until the evening about what had happened.

Conservative Supporter and fellow editor of 'The Sarah Hall Show'
on Newsnight at Upermill civic hall last night. 
Anyway, after a phone call from the BBC last week, I very nearly found myself on last nights Newsnight Special, sadly due to my age, i didn't quite qualify, luckily some good friends of mine did: see Amy Hughes' blog for information about it!

I have never really seen my school get so excited about anything to do with politics, and though it was just because there were students from college on Newsnight, I think the buzz was a nice break from exams.

Yes, that's right, January exams have fallen upon us. I, luckily only had one "real" exam which was my theology resit. There was a time when I felt that it went ok, but in hindsight I'm not hopeful for my results in March. And although General Studies and Citizenship are (lets be honest) pointless subjects, it is an added bonus to a stressful month of more History coursework.

I don't have much more to say, and will try and get something up about the by-election tomorrow evening, I'm devoting my friday evening to getting coursework done, so blogging will prove as a needed distraction im sure.

Anyway, I will leave you with some article links on the past couple of week news.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1404884_benefits_blackspot_the_oldham_estate_where_just_three_people_go_out_to_work?related_link
(Oldham's benefit claims)

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/
(All the by-election news and coverage ever needed)

http://foodjihad.com/2011/01/09/a-reaction-for-my-city-%D8%B1%D8%AF-%D9%81%D8%B9%D9%84/
(Reaction of my brothers girlfriend of the Arizona Shootings)

http://thequietus.com/
(My Art's and Entertainment site of the week)

God Bless, L x

No comments:

Post a Comment