19.10.10

Tuitions, Tuitions, Tuitions.

The bane of my life.
I'm not going to lie and say that tuitions fees had previously crossed my mind, they hadn't, the last time I'd thought of them from a self centred point of view was back in the general election when I heard discussions on the topic at matter. 
Yes, of course, you've guessed it: Lord "lets bankrupt the young" Browne's tuition fees report. 
"2010 Lord Browne recommends that students should pay at least £21,000 for a three-year-degree in the most radical shake-up of higher education funding for 50 years."
This here, is one thing that I am not happy about. Not only do the Government throw this at us just weeks before our UCAS has to be sent off, but they are yet to give us any further information into what will go on with this new law if enforced, when it will start, and whether there's going to be a lock in on the 2011 applicants.
So yes, my gap year plans may be on hold. (I say that, however actually my personal statement and ucas all say im taking a gap year and I'm far to lazy to be changing it now.) However, I have had a donation from my grandpa so, with that hopefully my student loan wont be too massive. 
And before any of you labour supporters start going on at me about "this is what your conservative government has done" Labour were all for the idea, and it was only Lib Dems who were against it. So don't you be giving me all that. 
(Its been given to me a surprising amount in the time I've been moaning about fees)

Ah, bad times for this generation. Bad times. 
Go

No comments:

Post a Comment